Author Topic: So...wha'd ya get for Christmas?  (Read 4980 times)

Phil Newton

• Caddis
So...wha'd ya get for Christmas?
« on: December 25, 2007, 06:40:19 PM »
Gift certificate to local outdoor store
Hand warmers
Ratatouille move (Hey, I'm a dad of 5 kids under 12, what can I say?)
Cars movie (ditto)

How 'bout y'all?

troutfishingwesternwisconsin.blogspot.com

Phil Newton

• Caddis
Re: So...wha'd ya get for Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 07:13:40 PM »
Oh, and also…

Wisconsin Blue Ribbon Trout Streams by R. Chris Halla

Fly Fishing Midwestern Spring Creeks--Angler’s Guide to Trouting the Driftless Area by Ross A. Mueller

Exploring Wisconsin Trout Streams by Andy Morton, Bill Sonzogni, Jeff Mayers, & Stephen M. Born

RussB

• Global Moderator
  • Caddis
  • I Love Fly Fishing
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 09:16:25 PM »
The Boss, aka Santa, aka Sue surprised me with a new TFO Finesse 7'9" rod for 5 weight and a Ross CLA 1.5 reel to go along with it.  The other female in my life, Dixie, aka da lab, came through with a new pair of flats wading shoes for me to be used in Belize later this winter.  The Boss is happy because she got a new semi-auto full camo turkey gun.  She has been hinting for the last two years that it is a royal pain in the A$$ to put camo tape on her o/u each spring.  Dixie got a Gift Certificate from MacDonald's good for ten double cheesburgers.  Hope everyone had a good Christmas, didn't over eat and is ready to go back to work.  Best of luck, RussB

CourtJester

• Global Moderator
  • Caddis
  • I Love Fly Fishing stuff in my closet
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 10:53:59 PM »
Hey boyz and girlz,

I scored well, good food, good times, and super exited kids and family....how could it get better?

I got myself a nice weekend size backpack, nice wool hats, a TomTom gps, wool socks, specialty coffee from Norway, a DVD of norwegian explorer "Lars Monsen"....the rumor is that when the US GPS services set up shop, they used Lars Monsen work as their guide.... :D

If anyone has a TomTom, I would like to spend some time learning how you enter new categories of POI's....

anyways, good times and good company to all

Peace,

CourtJester
:-90

BoB_K

• Global Moderator
  • Caddis
  • Where's that silly trout
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 11:53:22 AM »
We got ourselfs a new computer which was a pre Christmas present. We had enough of an 8 yr. old machine with Window ME on it. Rod tube for my Banty rod. A couple books, Looking Over the Bridge Railing and Plank Cooking-The Essence of Natural Wood. A bottle of Jameson Irish whiskey along with a nice flask. A wood chip smoker box and other assorted goodies. We had a great time with family and friends.
                     BoB
Brookies Forever

Mull_Dover

• Global Moderator
  • Caddis
  • I Love Fly Fishing
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 02:35:20 PM »
Sounds like everyone did well! LOL. This was the first year my son was old enough to get excited about Christmas. I had a great time just watching him open gifts and enjoy the lights etc. Truthfully I was more excited by his gifts than mine!

Phil, I know that Cars movie backward and forward! We are lucky enough to get to see it over and over and.... Enjoy!!

Me, I got a new 6'6" 4wt, The Trout bum Diaries DVD (Patagonia), a bottle of better than average scotch, A remote control truck to play with my son, Wool sox, My Non res Iowa fishing license and trout stamp, A pair of Korkers Stream born wading boots and a morning alone on an Iowa trout stream.  :7
River Beast

SirTrout

• Administrator
  • Caddis
  • Fly fishing is not just for royalty.
    • FlyFishingWis
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 02:36:51 PM »
A Digital IR Trail Camara, so you'll be see more photo of deer next season.  Also a ladder tree stand, my wife did not even wrap it up!

-
www.FlyFishingWis.com

Vegetarian: Primitive word for "Lousy Hunter"

eman

• Caddis
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 02:03:29 PM »
I got the greatest gift of all--a new fishing partner.  I have already begun to work out his casting muscles   ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mull_Dover

• Global Moderator
  • Caddis
  • I Love Fly Fishing
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 03:59:55 PM »
eman,
No doubt about it, that truly is the greatest gift of all. Congratulations!!
River Beast

Phil Newton

• Caddis
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 05:39:50 PM »
Eman:

Way to go on the little fry.

His fingers are just small enough to tie up a #28 trico, by the way.

How many does this make for you?

eman

• Caddis
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 09:16:27 AM »
I'm just getting started--he's my first.  He got a little fly vest for Christmas, and I read Traver to him...I am dreaming of his first day out on the river already.

SirTrout

• Administrator
  • Caddis
  • Fly fishing is not just for royalty.
    • FlyFishingWis
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 03:29:57 PM »
Congrads!

Way to go.

-ST
www.FlyFishingWis.com

Vegetarian: Primitive word for "Lousy Hunter"

RussB

• Global Moderator
  • Caddis
  • I Love Fly Fishing
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2007, 03:52:10 PM »
I'm just getting started--he's my first.  He got a little fly vest for Christmas, and I read Traver to him...I am dreaming of his first day out on the river already.

With inflation affecting the price of rods and reels you should think about building an inventory for him now ;).
Think of all the money that would save a few years down the pike 8).  You could even test some of it out for him to make sure that it is in prime condition and worthy of the little fella :).  Best of luck to both of you, RussB 

eman

• Caddis
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2007, 05:32:57 PM »
Funny you should mention it...I already broke the ice on this subject to my wife, and explained that we couldn't expect him to start casting with an un-broken--in rod!  In between naps I am looking at a nice combo for me--err, him online.  I'll also have to start hitting the old fly tying bench soon now that the lad is here and start in on some serious tying--I have to tie for three now as my wife and I both feel the call of the trout streams--fly fishing is in the boy's blood.  We will have to start a family collection of rods and reels, perhaps a library...